I'm serious, he won't, ever and you people need to get over it already.
Look, I'm not saying he's the worst candidate among the GOP, he's most likely the best. The fact that he's the best one doesn't say anything for him, but it does speak volumes about how absolutely pathetic and out of touch the republican party is. Ron Paul has some good sense and sound ideas. He wants to end the wars for starters. The problem is, he's got far too many stances on various issues that NEITHER side like. The republicans wouldn't vote for him as president and neither would the majority of Democrats.
For Democrats, these are a few deal breakers:
* He's against a womans right to choose.
* He's for prayer in schools.
* He's against the separation of church and state.
* He's basically against any program or service the government provides that's not mentioned in the constitution.
* He's against same-sex marriage.
For republicans, these are a few deal breakers:
* He describes the hate some muslims have for America as more than just "hurr durr they hate us for our freedom hurr durr"
* He's anti-war.
* He voted against the PATRIOT act.
* He wants to halt all foreign aid, including to Israel.
And there are plenty of others that some people dislike, including ending the fed and returning to the gold standard.
Ron Paul is the phrase Even a broken clock is right twice a day. in human form. He makes good sense sometimes but other times he has plenty of ideas and positions on the issues that everyone hates.
At the end of the day, he's a kook and he will never be president. Neither party will ever nominate him. I know some of you like the guy, but it just isn't going to happen, ever. It doesn't matter that you talk endlessly about this guy on every website, forum and message board you can get access to, it just isn't happening.